What are typical questions about the butterfly?
Some examples of questions that might be used in a classwork assignment about butterflies in primary school:
- What is the life cycle of a butterfly?
- How do butterflies change as they grow and develop?
- What do butterflies eat?
- What are the different parts of a butterfly’s body and what do they do?
- How do butterflies find food and mates?
- Where do butterflies live?
- What kinds of animals eat butterflies?
- How do butterflies help plants grow?
- What are some common types of butterflies found in your region?
- How can you help protect butterflies and their habitats?
Butterflies quiz questions
Example quiz questions about butterflies that could be suitable for kids:
- What is the process by which a caterpillar transforms into a butterfly called? (Answer: metamorphosis)
- How do butterflies taste their food? (Answer: with their feet)
- What do butterflies eat? (Answer: nectar from flowers, fruit, or other sources of sugar)
- What is the scientific name for the order of insects to which butterflies belong? (Answer: Lepidoptera)
- How do butterflies fly? (Answer: They use their wings to flap and glide through the air)
- What is the function of the proboscis of a butterfly? (Answer: The proboscis is a long, thin structure that butterflies use to sip nectar from flowers)
- What are the stages of the butterfly life cycle? (Answer: egg, larva (caterpillar), pupa (chrysalis), adult)
- What is the process by which a butterfly lays its eggs called? (Answer: oviposition)
- What is the process by which a butterfly mates called? (Answer: copulation)
- How many wings does a butterfly have? (Answer: two forewings and two backwings)